Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Nein... ich BIN dein Vater." "Nein...Nein, das ist nicht wahr! Das ist nicht wahr, niemals!" "Erforsche deine Gefühle, du weißt, dass es wahr ist!"

EPICNESS.

There has been a Star Wars marathon on a TV network here in Germany during the weekends. It is interesting to see the movies in German, because I've seen them so many times in English. It's really easy to follow them when you know exactly what's going on. :-D

Applying to college and deciding what to do with the rest of my life is the second most important thing constantly on my mind. The first currently is trying to understand German. Here is my current plan:

1) graduate high school [check]
2) go to Germany [check]
3) go to college
4) ???
5) Profit.


I dunno anymore. I wish I knew what I wanted to do. It's stressing me out constantly. Something is being whispered in my ear... but I can't hear it. I need to focus. Focusing takes time.

Other than that, I am doing very well. I have lucked out again. My host family really is great.

Two weeks ago I went with a school group to Belgium. That really was a lot of fun. The pics are on my Facebook, but here are the highlights.













Top center you see a statue. It's called the Mannekin Pis. In English it means, The Little Peeing Man. Yep, it's a little boy taking a leak. The story goes that a man lost his son, went looking, and found him peeing. Then someone made the statue. There is more to the story, but it was told in German, so that's all I remember from it unfortunately... Then, on the left is me standing in the Grote Marke, or Large/Grand Market. It is pretty big, and it is just another stereotypical, European market place. The buildings are old and beautiful. To the right is one of the prettiest places I've been in Europe. It was a simple, little park... but it was in SHARP contrast to most of Belgium. Belgium is fun, and I recommend the visit, but it is a little dirty and can be scary at times... though not as scary as Paris.

Anyhow, now on to current issues.

I am really excited to have an internship. I am looking forward to deciding what I want to study next year. Hopefully I can make this happen sooner than later.

The weather is starting to get cold. Today the HIGH was about 60°F. It gets colder at night. It's only the beginning of October though. I am excited. I might see snow soon!

I haven't had a dream in German yet. I am very upset about this. It needs to happen. It could've already and I just forgot it... I need to dream in German and REMEMBER it. Goal set.

Hopefully I'll have an oboe by Tuesday. Say a prayer.

That's it for now. Sorry to disappoint! Next week, you can expect another cultural analysis write up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home